Get the most out of your college semester with 8-week courses. This shortened format provides the same excellent curriculum condensed into only eight weeks. The flexible class formats are available both online and in-person and allow you to get the same amount of credit hours, even while taking fewer classes at one time.
More flexibility in your schedule means you can:
- Open up your semester plan by taking your important prerequisites early.
- Focus on completing condensed General Education classes.
- Take core curriculum course sequences back-to-back. 例如, History 1301 in the first eight-week session followed by History 1302 in the second eight-week session.
- Remain eligible for financial aid benefits.
- 2023年秋季开学, begin or continue your course work as a 业务 Administration major by taking eight-week classes at 北岭校区.
Students taking 8-week classes get focused learning in a format that’s flexible to fit busy schedules. If you are looking for a way to complete classes quickly, accelerated classes help you finish in half the time.
Splitting your semester in half is a great way to stay on track and meet your goals. 控制你的日程安排 browsing available 8-week classes and other course formats.
8-week classes are available in a variety of subjects, 包括学前健康科学, 沟通研究, 工商管理. These 8-week courses may be taken online or in-person.
北岭校区: 首页 of 八周课程
ACC's 北岭校区 is now home to 8-week classes. While you can enroll in 8-week classes at other campuses and even online, you can experience an entire semester of 8-week classes entirely at 北岭.
Earn a Transfer-Ready 工商管理学位 with an Accelerated 8-Week Plan at ACC 北岭
北岭校区 has launched a full 8-week 学位 plan! ACC的学生可以获得他们的 Associate of Science in 业务 Administration by following a specially designed 学位 program 全部由8周的课程组成.
联系 your program representative for assistance in building an 8-week schedule perfect for your program map!
Financial aid questions for 8-week classes should be addressed to the 财政援助办事处.
- Do 8-week courses offer the same semester credits as 16周的课程?
- 是的, if a class is offered in the 8-week format, full credit hours will be awarded.
- What courses work best in the 8-week format?
- ACC offers many courses from multiple areas of study in the 8-week format, including general studies and classes for specific program maps. Get in touch with the representative for your program, 学位, or certificate in the above table for advice and assistance in building an 8-week schedule perfect for your program map!
- Can I take multiple 8-week courses back to back in one semester?
- 是的! 在注册课程时, you can choose an 8-week session that begins at the start of the semester, 在中点, meaning you can “double up” on classes by enrolling in two of these separate sessions back to back.
- Do I have to take multiple 8-week classes to fill all 16 weeks of the semester?
- No, you can choose to schedule your 8-week classes at the beginning of the semester or start classes in the middle of the semester to fit your schedule.
- Would I be considered “full time” even if I take fewer courses at a time?
- As long as you take a total of 12 credit semester hours during the 16-week semester, you will be considered a full-time student at ACC. Students with limited room for classes during the week take one or two 8-week courses at a time to reach full-time status.
- Where do I go to see what classes are available in the 8-week format?
- Can I take 8-week classes and 16周的课程 during the same semester?
- 是的, you can choose classes with different session lengths, 包括8周的课程, 16周的课程, 和更多的. 访问ACC的在线课程时间表 to view upcoming classes by session length and start date.
- Are there different dates to register, drop, or withdraw from an 8-week class?
- Will my financial aid be affected by taking an 8-week class?
- As long as you take a total of 12 credit semester hours during the 16-week semester, you will be considered a full-time student at ACC and will receive full time financial aid benefits. Financial aid questions for 8-week classes should be addressed to the 财政援助办事处.